Monday, May 17, 2010

A devoted Fieri fan denied photo op

On days like today, I am discouraged.

FlavortownUSA.com is a website devoted to Diners, Drive-ins and Dives. It is the most successful fan site for the show on the internet. Yes, even more popular than mine, haha. ;) It has higher traffic even than guyfieri.com! Webmaster Rick Graner is The Online Go-To Man when it comes to Diners, Drive-ins and Dives.

Rankings by Alexa.com (lower ranking = higher traffic)
FlavortownUSA - Global 437,615
United States - 131,826

GuyFieri.com - Global 642,083
United States - 192,343

When Rick heard that Guy would be shooting episodes for Diners, Drive-ins and Dives in his hometown Minneapolis area, Rick went on a quest for a picture, a snapshot with his iPhone on location. Read about it here, blog.flavortownusa.com.

When I read that he was unable to catch up on location, I wrote to a few contacts I have developed over the years. Most were simply unanswered; one jacked me around with false information, resulting in a missed opportunity.

I understand that security has been tightened around the TripleD shoots and locations. But if senators, football stars, radio hosts and food writers who didn't even like Guy Fieri can get in, why can't the show's most devoted online voice get in?

It does make one wonder what the hell one is doing. Rick's upbeat about it. I'm working to get there.



I was told by Guy Fieri's staff, "As for interviews, it is now fairly rare that we accommodate them during a DDD shoot." and "Guy's shooting schedule is jam packed while he is filming DDD. Its impossible for him to accommodate any interview requests while he is on the road."

Just tryin' to work it all out how "impossible" is a relative term.

7 comments:

RickG said...

You're awesome! Thanks for the write up and I appreciate you getting up in arms about it but as I said in my write up ... it was definitely one of those days that you couldn't make up. From the water pump issues, to the guy at the bar showing off his fresh tattoos and the lady who talks with a microphone at her throat and was just in great spirits ... definitely fun!

Dora said...

Rick, I know you had a fun day and are upbeat. Like I said, I'm workin' my way there, workin' out some conflicting statements. I'll be there in a bit. :)

Jenn said...

Rick sounds like the real triple-D'r! Have fun anyway anywhere! Guy shows us where the great vittles are, while, we have great fun with the locales!

Dora said...

Jenn, you're absolutely right. :)

waterskibarb said...

He is actually filming in Duluth yesterday and today, but I heard headed down to the cities after today. Spotted him here in Duluth at a local place yesterday.

Jill said...

Guy Fieri is a douchebag. Someday you will see the light.
:) Jill at FNH

Dora said...

Jill, that may be so. But today is not that day.
:) ~D