Tuesday, May 5, 2009

Guy Fieri article in AutoWeek

I posted a few weeks ago that AutoWeek Magazine visited Guy in Northern California for an interview on his love of cars.

The May 4, 2009 edition of AutoWeek magazine is out, with a three-page spread on Guy Fieri, his collection of cars and a few tidbits about his life at home in Santa Rosa. Here are a few excerpts:
He still lives in the same 1,700-square-foot ranch he bought in 1997. He is adding a nearly 1,000-square-foot kitchen with all the hardware. And that doesn’t include the outdoor kitchen.

It’s a good thing the property had more than an acre when he bought it. That allowed for a recently completed nine-car garage, at the center of which is Fieri’s office, also with a garage door.

Guy Fieri with sons Ryder and Hunter
“I only have a couple of vices,” Fieri says. “I don’t smoke. I don’t do drugs. I do like cars.”
Guy Fieri in his garage

One friend is neighbor Bill DenBeste, who convinced Fieri that it was OK to get the lone Ford in his collection. It’s a continuation Cobra that DenBeste, a collector and racer, helped Fieri get after he introduced Fieri to childhood hero Carroll Shelby.

Guy burnin' rubber in his Shelby Cobra

[click here for the full story. ~D]

p.s. This Autoweek issue is available to buy on ebay.

6 comments:

Grace said...

But is that really a good message to send to his children - that it all right to spend too much money on a hobby that won't benefit anyone but himself? I thought he would find more charitable uses for his money, because he seems like such a giving & generous person.

Anonymous said...

Oh Grace, you're back! Nice to see you again.

I should think the man gives of his TIME to charitable agencies, in lieu of his money.

Which is more important, Grace? His time? or his money? And which is the more honorable or valuable donation?

Grace said...

I think I would rather see him spending more TIME with his family, as that is TIME his kids can never get back. Something tells me that they don't care that their father is so famous. All they know is that Daddy is never home.

Anonymous said...

What's up

It is my first time here. I just wanted to say hi!

Anonymous said...

Terrific, that' s exactly what I was seeking for! You just spared me alot of work

Anonymous said...

Please, keep up the greet work and continue to post topics like this. I am old fan of your blog!